Mammoth Lakes Transfer Station
Located at 59 Commerce Dr in Mammoth Lakes
Open Every Day of the Year
Our transfer station is a convenient Waste and Recycling Center open to the public. The facility provides a variety of services which include; waste disposal, recycling and hazardous waste disposal. After driving through the gate, you will be greeted by an attendant and given the information you need.
What We Accept
- Household Trash
- Recyclable Material
- Hazardous Waste
- Bulky Items: Furniture, Appliances
- Green Waste: Pine Needles & Yard Debris
- Construction Debris
Bring Your Recyclables – It’s Free
Read the labels on the recycle center bins and put only accepted items in the bin. Place materials loose in the bins – not in paper or plastic bags.
- Cardboard – Flattened, Non-Waxed
- Paper – Office, Newspaper, Magazines and Books
- Plastic – #1 PETE & #2 HDPE with “container necks” i.e. Water Bottles and Milk Jugs
- Glass – All Colors
Do you have only paint, stain and varnish to recycle? Many paint stores now take back paint, stain, and varnish year-round during their regular business hours as part of the PaintCare program. The program is free for all residents and most businesses. To find participating drop ‐ off locations and details about which products are accepted, please visit www.paintcare.org or call (855) 724‐6809.
Accepted PaintCare Products
- Interior and Exterior Paints: latex, acrylic, water-based, alkyd, oil-based, enamel (including textured coatings)
- Deck Coatings, floor paints
- Primers, sealers, undercoaters
- Shellacs, lacquers, varnishes, urethanes (single component)
- Waterproofing concrete/masonry/wood sealers and repellents (not tar or bitumen based)
- Metal coatings, rust preventatives
- Field and lawn paints
Leaking, unlabeled and empty containers are not accepted at drop off sites.
Non-PaintCare Products (NOT ACCEPTED)
- Paint thinners, mineral spirits, solvents
- Aerosol paints (spray cans)
- Auto and marine paints
- Caulk, epoxies, glues, adhesives
- Paint additives, colorants, tints, resins
- Wood preservatives (containing pesticides)
- Roof patch and repair
- Asphalt, tar and bitumen-based products
- 2-component coatings
- Deck cleaners
- Traffic and road marking paints
- Industrial Maintenance (IM) coatings
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) paints and finishes
Mattress & Box Spring Recycling
CLEAN Mattresses and Box Springs are accepted FREE of charge at Mammoth Lakes Transfer Station.
Take a quick look around your shelves. Any products that say DANGER, POISON, WARNING or CAUTION are hazardous and can harm family members, pets and the environment. Do not put them in your trash, bring them to our transfer station or contact the landfill at 760-937-2192. We accept the following items at the Transfer Center.
- Fluorescent Light Bulbs
- Motor Oil
For more information on items accepted at the transfer station call (760) 937-2227